Dress 1: This was my second ever Geranium, and actually it’s not a dress, it’s a shirt. I had just enough fabric to make it a top, but I think it’s perfect like that.
When I was putting it together, attaching the top to the bottom, I thought that maybe the pattern was a bit too much. That I should have done either the top or the bottom portion with a plain fabric instead of using the print for the whole thing, but once I put it on Hannah I was so glad I kept it like it is.
I love it, it’s my favorite.
I pleated the skirt portion, used the flutter sleeve option, and gave a slight v-notch on the neck.
It’s so sweet. Girly and fluttery and full and summery.
And in this picture she is literally eating pretzels out of my camera lens cap. Maybe I shouldn’t let her do that?
Dress 2: This was my third Geranium.
It was the first time I tried the cap sleeve option and I really like the look of it. It’s simple but cute.I made the dress a bit longer, I think in some sort of reaction to having to make the last one short because I didn’t have enough fabric. But now that I’m looking at these pictures I’m going to go back and take the hem up on this one because it just looks like the whole things is a little too big for her and is swallowing her up. But I want her to wear it this summer, the bottom fabric is such a fun summery floral print, so it needs to have it’s day in the sun, literally.
Dress 3: This dress I made using an old sequined tank of mine that I cut down, lined with another knit fabric, and made the skirt with some of the blue fabric from the top of the Geranium pictured above.
I used this tutorial that comes with a free 2T sized pattern, and sadly it’s just too wide for Hannah this year and the straps keep falling down. She really liked the sequins though, and kept saying “Mommy, dress a pretty!” So I think that was a good sign.
But yeah, the straps were driving us both crazy.
It was really good for duck feeding though.
I used elastic thread in the bottom so that the skirt would stretch a bit like the knit top, but other than that it was pretty straightforward. It will be great for next year.
Dress 4. No pictures of Hannah in this one because it is waaay too big. Which makes me sad because it is pretty fun.
I followed this tutorial for a Miniboden knock off and I love it. I used an old Gap tank top of mine that was a bit too stretched out, but still really soft and comfy, and it saved me having to hem it. I used scraps for the circle appliqués and ties, so this one was super cheap. The circles were a bit tedious to sew on, so I just did them a bit at a time, kind of making a game out of it, like every time I sat down at my machine I had to first sew all of a certain color of the circles or something like that.
I tried shortening the straps and taking in the armpit area to make this one a bit smaller, but unfortunately it is massive on Hannah. So she is set for next year, or maybe even in the fall over a long sleeved shirt or something.
Anyway, there are 4 dresses. Whew!